An additional booster dose, known as the fourth dose, is now available to people 30 years and older. This may be a fifth dose for some people. If you have had COVID-19, wait at least 3 months before getting your next dose.
Who should have this 4th Covid vaccination?
Department of Health advises all people:
- 50 years or older – however ATAGI has just advised people aged 30 to 49 years old can receive a fourth dose if they choose
- a resident of an aged care or disability care facility
- severely immunocompromised (this will be a fifth dose)
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and aged 50 years and older
- 16 years or older and with a medical condition that increases the risk of severe COVID-19 illness (see the table below for expanded groups)
- 16 years or older with disability with significant or complex health needs or multiple comorbidities which increase risk of poor outcome.
Everyone 5 years and older is now eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine.
It’s important you stay up to date with your COVID-19 vaccinations, to ensure you have the most protection you can get, and your digital certificate remains valid. Find out what you need to do to stay up to date.
Book your COVID-19 booster shot online using the “book an appointment” tabs on our Home Page.